The first thing I noticed in comparison to my previous bags was that this months’ bag was sent 4 days earlier than usual and I received it approximately 6 days quicker than the others so I was happy with that!!
Let’s check out what was inside:
1. Be A Bombshell Eyeliner – Shade “Wild Child” (Black; there was one other shade you could have received) (RRP $20.00). So last month we received a mascara by this brand and I was left feeling curious about what their other products were like. In terms of packaging they have the same sleek black look with their logo stamped on it. As with the mascara my first impression is that it looks and feels to be worth a lot less than $20.00. I did have to go over the swatch quite a few times to build it up, and it wasn’t easy to apply on my eyes, it’s not very pigmented. *Made in PRC
2. Sebamed Liquid Face & Body Wash – 50ml (Deluxe Sample $2.50) – Full Size 300ml RRP $14.95. I have actually received a smaller sample of this from another beauty box and I have tried it. At first I did question the fact that it’s for both the face and body, that’s a first but definitely convenient. And it works! It smells fresh/clean and feels good on my skin. Good size for travelling too. *Made in Germany
3. Glazel Visage Matte Eyeshadow – Shade “S35” (there were 2 other shades you could have received) – RRP $15.00. I’ve never heard of this brand. On looking on the net they sell a broad range of cosmetics but I found it hard to research the brand as all the sites were European. I couldn’t find anyone in New Zealand or Australia that stock this brand. This swatched very easily. Very interested to see how it applies to my eyelids. *Made in EU
4. Jersey Shore Cosmetics Anti Aging Whole Body Balm – 0.15oz – RRP $20.00. This I was excited about. I’ve never seen a body balm in a lip balm tube before but it is full of natural and organic ingredients. You can definitely smell the coconut oil – yum! Even though it’s a small tube you only need to apply a small amount to the area you want to hydrate as it spreads so easily. Apparently you can use it in your hair too! I’m interested to see how that works! *Made in USA
5. Ruby Eyeshadow Brush Small Round (there were 3 other brushes you could have received) – RRP $22.40. Again another brand I haven’t heard of. What strikes me as odd is that there is absolutely no information about ‘Ruby’ on the packaging. The only information is that the brush is used with 100% natural hair and that it’s made in China. I’ll say that the brush feels really soft and the handle is sleek and comfortable to use BUT it does slightly concern me about where the natural hair has originated from?! I just find it weird that there’s no information available.
** And thrown in for good measure – Hello Fresh $35 voucher to use on the purchase of your first box. So gutted this is only a perk for Aussies, I would have been really keen to try a box like this but unfortunately Hello Fresh is not available in New Zealand.
I paid $19.99 for this box and the total value is $79.90 (not including the voucher). My thoughts: I definitely think I received the value of what I paid. I wouldn’t necessarily buy these products at their RRP value BUT that is why I love beauty boxes – you score some really good bargains! I think it was a really good bag. What did you think of this bag? Let me know!
If you’re interested in subscribing to Lust Have It or just want to check them out you can do so here.
Thanks for reading lovelies, until next time xx