I didn’t do a December empties so my box of empties is overflowing! I still have quite a few products in the box but I didn’t want this post to be mammoth so I’ll just stick to a few. Again, all items are skincare. Let’s get into it, I’ll start off with the items I liked and are worthy of a repurchase:
1. Nivea Body Lotion Rich Nourishing “Dry to Very Dry Skin”- If you have very dry skin then this is really good. The lotion is quite thick, and very moisturising, so you do need to do quite a bit of rubbing to get it all absorbed into your skin. It leaves my skin hydrated all day. If you are familiar with Nivea lotions, this has the same fragrance to other Nivea products I have used, which is a very fresh scent, something I can’t describe, a tiny bit fragranced if you ask me but nothing too strong.
2. Moisture Mist Gentle Protective Moisturiser SPF 15 – This is one of the best day moisturisers I have ever used. In fact, I can’t recall a Moisture Mist product I haven’t liked. This moisturiser is very light but extremely moisturising on my dry skin. I love that it has an SPF, it gives me that extra bit of protection that I need if I’m out in the sun for a few minutes. Again, the scent is very familiar with other Moisture Mist products I have used and I LOVE it. Definitely worth a repurchase!
3. Olive Pomegranate Body Lotion – The very first thing I noticed about this product was the beautiful scent, it smells like nothing I’ve ever smelt before, but it is so good, it reminds me of lollies! This body lotion is so moisturising and only a little bit is necessary, it spreads so easily on my skin. This product is made in New Zealand and is free from parabens, mineral oils, artificial colourants or fragrances and silicones, and it’s cruelty free. If you can get your hands on this then you should!
4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream – I received a small sample of this cream from a Lust Have It box. I’ve wanted to try this product for a long time but I find Body Shop products a bit out of my pricing budget. It’s very moisturising and smooth on my skin. It doesn’t have a strong scent but is slightly fragranced with something really fresh and subtle.
5. Skin Yoga Almond & Orange Face Scrub – This is another sample from Lust Have It which came in the most gorgeous packaging. This scrub was like no other facial scrub I’ve tried before. The product was in powder form in the cork topped glass bottle, I sprinkled a tiny bit in my hand and then mix in a few drops of water to form the scrub. It felt so nice on my skin and gave my face a really good exfoliation.
Now to items I wouldn’t repurchase:
1. Arbonne Ultra-Hydrating Hand Crème & Dermalogica Hand & Nail Treatment – I’ll start off by saying these hand creams were extremely hydrating and moisturising, and only a small amount is necessary. However, when it comes to hand creams, scent is my deciding factor because I’m going to be smelling that shit all day. These scents didn’t do it for me at all. I disliked them and had to wash them off straight away. Because of their hydration levels I did use them on my feet while I was sleeping (couldn’t smell a thing).
2. Bubble T Hibiscus & Acai Berry Tea Bath Fizzer – I love bath bombs/bath fizzers, they are so exciting & my expectations are huge, especially when it says “bath fizzer” on the packaging. The disappointment was real when I placed this in my bath. It didn’t fizz one bit, and the smell was on the verge of being sickly & unbearable. I don’t recommend this at all.
3. Moreish Day Cream – This is one of few products I have tried by Moreish (the others being the cleanser & facial oil both of which I love). Unfortunately this day cream didn’t work for my dry skin. It absorbed super fast and left my skin feeling like it needed an extra 3 more coats of it, but even that didn’t work. It smells really nice though and I would recommend this for normal skin.
Thanks for reading guys, I look forward to sharing my February empties with ya! xx